Trainer: Donald McCain
Novice Chase Wins: 2
Peddlers Cross was arguably one of the most exciting novice chasing recruits in recent times and the 2011 Champion Hurdle runner-up made an imperious start over fences at Bangor-on-Dee to cement his place at the head of the Arkle 2012 Betting.
He was sent off a short-priced 1/8 favourite for the three-runner event on November 9 and duly hacked up in a pretty easy assignment. However, under stand-in jockey Timmy Murphy, the 2010 Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle winner showed grace over the obstacles and he comfortably sauntered home by four-and-a-half lengths.
Next up he was handed another task that look pretty plain sailing at the same track on November 26, and under usual pilot Jason Maguire, he yet again showed class over the fences to beat Minella Class by eight lengths.
Nevertheless, the bubble was well and truly burst at Kemton on December 27 where Donald McCain's was completely trounced by Sprnter Sacre by 16 lengths and now has question marks over whether he can turn the tables on Nicky Henderson's charge come March 13.
He hit the first fence pretty hard and from that moment was unable to live with the Seven Barrows inmate and even though McCain has indicated he felt his charge's confidence was hit by the first fence blunder, it instantly saw bookmakers extend his price back out in the 2012 Arkle Betting.
Check out the Latest Odds for Peddlers Cross.
- Henry VIII Novices Chase Odds Taquin Du Seuil to star at Sandown
- 2013 Becher Chase Odds Veterans Tipped in Grand National Trial
- Tingle Creek Chase Odds Sire De Grugy The Likely Winner Of Sandown Race
- Winter Novices Hurdle Betting Beat That to land Grade Two prize at Sandown
- My Tent Or Yours Cut For Champion Hurdle After Fighting Fifth Win
- Long Distance Hurdle Betting At Fishers Cross odds on to prove his class at Newbury
- 2013 Hennessy Gold Cup Odds Stellar field set for Newbury showpiece
- Fighting Fifth Hurdle Odds Melodic Rendezvous Taken To Claim Newcastle Success